As I am typing this on my computer, there are only THREE days left of 2017…how?!
I feel like 2017 was a…year. A lot has happened, that we can all either look on years later and laugh, or cringe in horror and despair. There’s no in-between.
For me personally, 2017 wasn’t a fantastic year: nothing really that special happened, except for getting Oreo, which I guess is kind of a big deal, bu- wo wo wo wo wait. On NYE 2016, I decided to make a blog, now didn’t I?! So I basically started it in 2017. Ha..crazy!
Think about it. Just how 2017 has gone in what seems like seconds, so will 2018 (I feel uncomfortable spelling that). It will feel like tomorrow, that is December 28th 2018. Time passes incredibly fast.
And with time come experiences: things you learn, things you get through.
It’s been a while since I’ve just sat down and do a chatty blog post, and tbh, I’m digging this one! I’ve decided to share with you a little list if you will, of the things I’ve learnt in 2017. (this is the 12th time i’m saying 2017, get used to it for now) So, without any further ado, here you have my list:
1.Learn how to choose your friends.
This was a bit of a tough one for me, since I just am the type of person who would like to be friends with everyone, whether it’s the shy kid in class, or the neighbour everyone hates for playing loud music at 1 am. Doesn’t matter for me. Or it used to not matter.
I’m not going to shade anyone, THIS IS NOT TWITTER. Let’s all live peacefully in an all-love world, thank you. But, what I am going to say, if you are struggling with this topic, is :
- if you have a small group of close friends, don’t choose anyone over anyone.
- Everyone makes mistakes. (Everyone has those days) Give second chances. If they disappoint you again, ba-bye 👋👋👋.
- no harsh feelings. If your friendship with someone ends, you don’t need to keep them in your heart in the form of toxic feelings. Let them go and just..ignore them I guess?
- Don’t force a friendship to happen. It will happen naturally if it is meant to be. For example, a comment someone left on someone else’s photo that made you laugh can make you get in touch with that person, and you can end up getting really close 👀. Or, you could hate each-other at first, but then, also, become really close. 👀 👀 👀
- If someone is a bad influence, try to get away from them. -_-
2. Never give up.
I’m sure you’ve heard this quote before and thought “oh wow how lame”, until you experienced it.
Whenever you’re feeling down, get back up. If things don’t go your way, all you have to do is harbour the principle of persistence in your heart. Have people around you to a c t u a l l y listen to your issues and give you advice. Everything will slowly fall into place. Slowly.
However, if things do go just the way you wanted them to, first of all, GO GIRL YEES! Second of all, remember that, at any time, something big or small might happen that might damage or even change your goals. Dream big, but don’t daydream. Be confident, but don’t let it get to your head.
3. Have priorities.
THIS IS SOO IMPORTANT! ! ! If you don’t have exact goals and have a bunch of bumps in your road, YOU AIN’T GETTING NOWHERE!!
Your grades have been kinda bad. ‘Kinda’, no, TERRIBLE. Your head’s always in the clouds, thinking about everything other than school, specifically, boys. I’ve said this before, I find high school/middle school relationships kinda useless. I mean, don’t kill me 11 year olds, but if you can handle it all, go ahead I mean, I’m not your mum. But still. Shouldn’t we have other priorities other than relationships? Hmm..
4. Don’t let anxiety get in your way.
I never really knew what anxiety meant, until I looked it up, and discovered that oH MY GOD I HAVE IT.
- doing things i love
- reminding myself of the main motivation because of which i started doing something (did that even make sense????)
5. Be grateful.
Remember that, no matter in what bad condition you are, someone out there could only dream of having what you have. Be grateful and cherish everything you have, because you might not have it some day.
Happiness is a path, not a destination. – Buddha
What have YOU learnt in 2017?
Love ya. Cheers, bye x